From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- 3.52 oz. bar of Toblerone. If you can’t eat Toblerone, then use either regular chocolate or a dairy-free chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp. of your favorite liqueur or ½ tsp. vanilla or almond extract.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat ¼ cup of cream until hot (about 30-40 seconds).
2. Remove Toblerone from paper and foil wrapping and break up into pieces. Stir into hot cream and leave for 2 minutes. Stir again and microwave as necessary so chocolate melts. With Toblerone, there will still be bits due to nuts and nougat in chocolate. Stir in liqueur or extract.
3. Let chocolate mix cool for 10-20 minutes. It will thicken slightly.
4. Whisk remaining ¼ cup of cream until stiff, then gently whisk melted chocolate mix into cream mix. Pour into two pretty glasses and chill. You can also use pretty tea cups or custard cups. Serve as is or topped with more whipped cream and strawberries.
Tips and Alternatives: To save time, make this recipe the night before Valentine’s Day.
For dairy-free: Use dairy-free chocolate and whatever cream substitute you like to melt the chocolate. Increase liquid for melting. Whisk one egg white until stiff and then fold into chocolate mix once cooled.