From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely crushed
- 1 small green bell pepper, deseeded and cut into large squares (or half a large pepper)
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into large squares (or half a large pepper)
- Half of a 10 or 12 oz. container of regular button mushrooms, cleaned and cut into slices
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large scallops
- 6 large shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt olive oil or butter in 2 quart non-stick pan. Add onions and garlic, and cook over gentle heat until onions are soft and almost transparent.
2. Add peppers, stir well, cover and leave to cook until they are also tender.
3. Stir in mushrooms, tomato ketchup and salt and pepper and cook over higher heat until mushrooms are softening and releasing their juice.
4. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice, and simmer over gentle heat for about 5 minutes. 5. While sauce is simmering, season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a small non-stick skillet and sear scallops on one side for about 2 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and turn the scallops to continue cooking, then turn shrimp.
Tips and Alternatives: This sauce is incredibly versatile, so cook whatever protein you would like - seafood, chicken, pork, etc. You can also leave out the meat for a vegetarian version.