From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Makes 12 -15 mini muffins or 4 cupcakes. Triple this recipe for a regular 8x8 pan.
Adapted from Fine Cooking.
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup hazelnut or almond meal – Use store bought or make your own by grinding hazelnuts or almonds in a food processor.
- ½ tsp. vanilla or hazelnut extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line mini muffin pan with paper or foil cases.
2. Whisk chocolate hazelnut spread, vanilla and egg together in a 4 cup bowl until smooth. Add almond or hazelnut meal and salt and beat just until blended.
3. Spoon the batter with a one tablespoon scoop into mini muffin cases and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
4. Bake until a toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs. About 11-12 minutes. Do not over-bake. Set on a rack to cool.