From Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- ¼ cup Oonagh’s Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 oz. (½ stick) soft butter
- 1/8 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 x 1 oz. square of Baker unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Mini marshmallows – about 1/3 of 10 oz bag
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ stick (2 oz.) butter
- Preheat oven to 350 *. Spray 8x8 pan with gluten-free non-stick spray.
- Put square of unsweetened chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute until melted. Stir down chocolate since it retains its shape even when melted. Prepare rest of dough while it cools.
- Beat soft butter until creamy, add flour, sugar, salt and xanthan gum and beat until well mixed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract and beat until creamy.
- Beat in chopped nuts.
- Beat in cooler melted chocolate – should be a lovely creamy mix.
- Spread into 8x8 pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread the mini marshmallows in a single layer over hot dough. Work as quickly as possible. Cover with foil, crimped around edges of pan and leave for 20 minutes outside the oven for marshmallows to soften.
- After 20 minutes, lift foil and gently spread the marshallows. Melt the raspberry jam and drizzle over marshmallows and gently spread. (It will look messy!) Let stand for about 10 minutes to set up slightly.
- Melt chocolate chips with butter and spread over marshmallows/raspberry mix.
- Once the pan is totally cool, refrigerate for about 3 hours. Cut into bars by dipping a sharp knife into a very hot mug of water. Make one cut and then dip the knife again for next cut. Continue to dip and cut to make 4x4 =16 squares.
- Immediately remove from pan to plate. If you cut but leave the bars to come to room temperature before removing from pan, the chocolate breaks and slides away from raspberry topping as chocolate is warm. They are best eaten at room temperature.