From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- Gluten-free tortilla chips - enough to spread onto 4 dinner plates
- 2-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips about 2 inches long
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips about 2 inches long
- 1 medium onion, peeled, halved and cut into thin slices
- 12 oz. peeled, raw shrimp (I like smaller shrimp so they look better than cut up large shrimp and you’ll get some shrimp in each mouthful.)
- 1/2 lb. of sliced white American cheese (You can shred it or leave it in slices. Make sure it's gluten-free!)
1. Heat olive oil in a 10” skillet. Add oil and stir fry onions and peppers over high heat until as tender as you like them.
2. While onions and peppers are cooking, arrange tortilla chips on microwave-safe plates and top with slices of cheese. Microwave each plate for a few seconds until cheese is melted.
3. When onions and peppers are cooked enough for your taste, add shrimp and stir fry until they are pink and cooked. Scoop this mix evenly onto the warm cheese and tortillas and top with more cheese. Serve immediately.