Try this savory salad as a filling main dish or flavorful side, and enjoy the benefits of gluten-free quinoa, a tasty whole grain full of protein, iron, and fiber.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa , dry
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ lb. Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken into quarter-inch dice.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt (optional).
- After the quinoa has set for 10 minutes, combine the quinoa, chicken, tomatoes, chives, and parsley.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over the quinoa salad and sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Mix well and chill. Serve cold.