Makes 4 stuffed artichokes
- 4 fresh artichokes
- 1 large 4 oz. bag Margherita Pizza Plentils
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. snipped chives
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Pour 2” of water in a large stockpot and bring to a simmer.
- Cut stem off the artichokes and snip the pointy ends of the leaves with a kitchen shear. Cut the top of the artichoke off. *You may now clean out the choke in the middle or simply be careful once you begin eating and be sure to not eat the choke or the purple leaves in the very center of the artichoke. To clean the choke out simply remove all the slender purple leaves in the middle and then, using a spoon, remove the hairy “choke” in the bottom center of the artichoke.
- Place the artichokes, leaves down, into the simmering water and steam for about 25 minutes. Remove and place on a parchment lined baking sheet stem side down.
- Place the plentils in a food processor and pulse until you get coarse crumbs. Add the vegan mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon zest and snipped chives and pulse until you have what looks like very wet sand.
- Press this mixture into the artichoke, pressing down into the leaves, and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until tender and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
- Remove, cool a few minutes and then serve in bowls with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over.