Red Cocnut Curry with Chicken & Eggplant
By Edgar Steele,
NFCA Chef Spokesman
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste (Thai Kitchens brand is gluten-free)
- 1 (8oz) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken stock (Swanson's is gluten-free)
- 2 cups eggplant
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn in pieces
- Salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté olive oil, garlic and onion.
- Add in diced chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and curry paste and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add water, chicken stock, and basil.
- Bring back to a boil and cook until basil is tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add eggplant.
- Lower heat and simmer until eggplant is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Serve with basmati rice.