Vanessa Maltin's Famous Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Vanessa Maltin,
NFCA Director of Programming & Communications
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons non-fat vanilla flavored cream (ex. Coffeemate)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (can use potato starch if you want)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a standing mixer, cream together melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, whole egg, egg
white, vanilla cream and vanilla extract. Mix for about one minute.
In a separate bowl, mix together rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking
soda. Mix well so ingredients are evenly distributed.
Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients into butter/sugar mixture. Mix until a
smooth dough forms.
Add in semisweet and white chocolate chips and mix just enough to evenly distribute chips through
Grease a baking sheet and form dough into balls (about 2-inches in diameter). Bake for 13 minutes.
Cool before serving.
For more delicious tips and recipes visit www.BeyondRiceCakes.com.