Butter Pecan Cookies
By Christina Gentile,
- 3/4 cup chopped sugar-roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups GF flour (3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill + 1/2 cup Whole Grain Sorghum)
- 1 Tbsp Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter for a minute. Add 1/3-cup sugar and cream for one minute. Beat in vanilla, salt, GF flours, and xanathan gum, scraping the sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites; add water and vanilla. Mix well.
- Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar. Cool cookies on a wire rack.