Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces Thai Kitchen® Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Original Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add rice noodles; let stand 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are soft but firm. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add egg; scramble until set. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir until cooked through. Add rice noodles, Pad Thai sauce and green onions; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in bean sprouts and scrambled egg. Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Makes 2 servings.
Variation: Prepare as directed, substituting 4 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp or cut-up vegetables or cubed tofu for the chicken.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 673 Calories, Fat 29g, Protein 26g, Carbohydrates 77g, Cholesterol 143mg, Sodium 863mg, Fiber 3g