Courtesy of Chef Dan Kohler, Renegade Kitchen
- 3/4 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Warm Rice Milk (110-120 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs, Room temperature
- 1 Egg and some Milk for the egg wash
Optional Toppings: Coarse Sea Salt, Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds...
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. Heat the rice milk to 110-120 degrees and slowly pour it into the dry ingredients with the mixer on low
4. Add the honey and continue to mix
5. Increase the speed of your mixer to medium and drop in the coconut oil one tablespoon at a time.
6. Crack the eggs, one at a time, into the mixing bowl and continue to mix on medium.
7. Increase the speed to medium-high and mix for one or two more minutes, until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl slightly.
8. Place the mixing bowl with the dough in a warm spot for 30 minutes. Cover it with a towel.
9. Using a spatula, shape the bread into a loaf onto a greased cookie sheet. The dough will be very sticky, so better to use the spatula than your hands on this one.
10. Brush the loaf with the egg wash and sprinkle on and desired toppings.
11. Put the bread in your oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown and crusty all over.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes mixing, 30 minutes rising
Baking Time: 25-28 minutes
Yield: 1 8x5 loaf
Free of Gluten, Dairy, Processed Sugar, Corn and Soy.
See this an other great gluten-free recipes at Renegade Kitchen