Courtesy of Chef Dan Kohler, Renegade Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 ounces 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Granulated Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 1 tablespoon Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
3. Over low heat, melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a small saucepan (keep stirring to prevent the chocolate from burning).
4. In a bowl, whisk the palm sugar, agave, eggs, vanilla and salt together.
5. Once the chocolate and oil mixture is melted, drizzle it slowly into the bowl with the palm sugar and egg mixture while you whisk with your free hand. Drizzle slowly to prevent the eggs from scrambling!
6. Whisk in the rice flour, tapioca flour, espresso powder and cinnamon.
7. Pour into your greased pan.
8. Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the batter.
9. Bake the brownies for 32-37 minutes.
Yield: 16 Brownies (depending on how you slice it)
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 32-37 minutes
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, No Processed Sugar
See this an other great gluten-free recipes at Renegade Kitchen