Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Justin Cucci, Root Down chef and owner
(makes 20 servings)
- 3½ pounds roma tomatoes , large dice
- 1 small onion brulee, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1&½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 each lemon
- Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery Multigrain Sandwich Bread
- Sliced cheese (choose your favorite!)
1. Put all ingredients in a 2-quart pot. Bring to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until thickened into a jam-like consistency, about 3 hours. Keep an eye on the pot to make sure the jam does not burn.
2. Combine a heaping tablespoon of the jam with around 3 slices of cheese and two slices of bread in a buttered pan to cook the final grilled cheese sandwich.