From Diane Eblin of The W.H.O.L.E. Gang
- 1 cup organic raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup organic raw Pecans
- 1/2 cup organic raw Walnuts
- 10 large Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried organic Cranberries (I used fruit juice sweetened)
- 1 1/2 cup melted chocolate (I use Enjoy Life - gluten, dairy and soy free)
1. Chop the nuts in a food processor. I would recommend you do the almonds first before you add in the other nuts if you want smaller almond pieces. Put chopped nuts into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add your dates to the food processor to chop. Add those into the nut mixture. Add the dried cranberries.
3. Melt the chocolate and combine with your nut, date and cranberry mixture.
4. Scoop out about a tablespoon of this mixture and form a ball. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Do this quickly before your chocolate hardens. For this reason I would not double this recipe, but make it twice if you want more.
Substitutions: If you don’t have the dried cranberries, you can always leave them out. You could add just about any type of dried fruit to this recipe: raisins, blueberries, raspberries, papaya, pineapple, apricot, fig, prunes, goji berries, coconut or ginger. Each change will give you a different taste. Make sure if it’s a large dried fruit that you chop it down to raisin size.