- 1 package extra-firm organic tofu
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup gluten-free Italian bread crumbs (I use Gillian's)
- salt to taste
1. Prepare the tofu by removing from package and pressing for two hours. Cut into cubes.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (You want the oil to be hot, but not smoking. The tofu should sizzle when added to the pan).
3. Sprinkle half of the bread crumbs on the tofu and add to the pan. Fry, turning, until golden and crispy (approximately five to seven minutes). While you are turning the tofu, sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the squares.
4. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate with a paper towel. While still hot, sprinkle with salt to taste.