Courtesy of Crunchmaster and "Holiday Dips & Dishes" Grand Prize Winner Karen Kuebler
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- ½ stick (2 oz.) butter, melted and divided
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ cup dried Shiitake mushrooms, ground to powder in a food processor*
- 1 cup Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup water
- Chopped basil leaves for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Arrange flattened chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x12 microwave-to-oven safe baking dish. Salt and pepper each chicken breast, and pour in ½ cup water. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Do not over cook.
3. Drain water from baking dish. Add lemon juice, half of the melted butter, and zest to the baking dish, sprinkling zest evenly over each chicken breast. Set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together dried mushroom, Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Cracker crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle remaining butter over the crumb mixture and mix well.
5. Divide crumb mixture evenly between each chicken breast, mounding it on top of each, and covering exposed surface of the chicken.
6. Bake for 10 minutes uncovered, or until crumb topping is golden brown. Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
*Note: Check the packaging to ensure the dried mushrooms do not contain hydrolyzed wheat protein or wheat starch.