Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Paul Biscione of Food Living and Everything Else
- Slices of ham or prosciutto
- 1 loaf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bread
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray or butter
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Use a muffin tin and grease for the amount of eggs you are making (if you are making 4 eggs, only grease 4 muffin holes).
3. Take 1 piece of ham or prosciutto and tuck it into the muffin tin hole; forming it into the muffin tin hole so it lines the bottom and the sides.
4. Take a slice of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread and using a ring mold (or a juice glass) cut out 1 circle for each egg you are making (I get 2 circles out of 1 slice of bread).
5. Place the bread disk inside the muffin tin on top of the ham.
6. Carefully crack an egg on top of the bread without breaking the yolk.
7. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Done!
Like any ham and egg sandwich, there are endless variations to this with just a little imagination. I like to make these with a slice of cheese in between the bread and egg so it bakes in. We also like to do these with some chopped scallions and smoked paprika on top…delicious!
*Don't forget to Spread the Bread! Download a $1 off coupon from Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Rudi's will donate $1 to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness for celiac disease education.*