- 1 pound Japanese eggplants (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Place eggplants on lightly oiled baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes or until skin chars and blisters, turning frequently. Cool eggplant slightly. Peel eggplant and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. Mix fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and chili sauce in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; stir fry until golden brown. Add eggplant and sauce mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Gently stir in tofu and basil. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes to blend flavors.
See more gluten-free recipes in NFCA's Thai Kitchen Recipe Box »