Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 banana, frozen and chopped into ½ inch slices
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese
- 1 T. of your favorite chopped nuts
1. Put the banana and blueberries in a small food processor or blender. Process until it’s in small chunks.
2. Add the cottage cheese and process until smooth, scraping sides down as necessary.
3. Put your “ice cream” in a bowl and top with chopped nuts. If desired, return to freezer for 5 minutes or so before eating.
Hint: This tastes the best when made with very ripe, frozen bananas. Under-ripe bananas taste starchy.