Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package Zatarain's Yellow Rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/3 the shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove shrimp from skillet. Repeat with remaining shrimp, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Remove shrimp; set aside.
2. Add water and butter to same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. Stir in shrimp, peas, green onions and lemon juice until well mixed. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*For more ways to jazz up your gluten-free meals, visit Zatarain's Gluten-Free Recipe Box on beyondceliac.org.