Makes 1 cup
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound Japanese eggplant (or any eggplant), peeled and diced
- 1 lime
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
1. Bring water and salt to boil in medium saucepan. Add eggplant; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
2. Grate 1 teaspoon lime peel from lime, then juice the lime. Place eggplant, lime peel and juice, shallot, garlic and chili sauce in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth. Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt.
3. Serve with sliced vegetables and gluten-free crackers.
For more Asian-inspired gluten-free recipes, see our Thai Kitchen Gluten-Free Recipe Box.