Courtesy of Blue Diamond and the Almond Board of California
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or almond oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted Blue Diamond almonds (optional)
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins or Baked Nut Chips
1. Chop 1 tablespoon Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds for garnish; set aside.
2. Combine remaining 1/2 cup almonds in food processor with oil and garlic. Process until well chopped.
3. Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Add beans, liquid, lemon juice and pepper to almond mixture. Process until smooth.
4. Stir in 2/3 cup chopped toasted almonds, if desired. Spoon into a serving bowl.
5. Garnish with reserved tablespoon of chopped almonds and serve with Blue Diamond Nut Thins or Baked Nut Chips. Can also be enjoyed with assorted vegetables such as celery or radishes.
For more gluten-free recipes: Blue Diamond Gluten-Free Recipe Box