From Diane Eblin of The WHOLE Gang
- 1-2 dozen fresh tomatillos, husked
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, skin off
- Full handful fresh cilantro
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean and prep the peppers, onion, garlic and tomatillos. Toss in oil and spread out on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes until browned. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
3. Put all the roasted foods into food processor with cilantro, seasonings and a little oil (1 tsp) and puree.
4. Add in cumin, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Creamy Tomatillo Salsa
Start with the Tomatillo Salsa recipe and add 1-3 avocados into the processor.
More gluten-free Super Bowl recipes: