Courtesy of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. and Renegade Kitchen
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills Amaranth
- 2 ½ cups Imagine Vegetable Broth
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ red onion, minced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Spectrum Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Spectrum Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1. Stir the amaranth and veggie stock together in a sauce pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Drop the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. The amaranth will cook up almost like porridge. Set aside and allow to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. In a large bowl, mix the beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion and walnuts. Add the cooled amaranth and stir to combine.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, mint and garlic. Pour this dressing over the amaranth mixture and stir until well blended.
Learn more about amaranth and other gluten-free ingredients.
Plus, enter to win a gluten-free prize pack worth $100!
Celebrate the "Thrill of the Choice"