- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 chicken sausage links, casings removed (make sure they’re gluten-free)
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 cups of gluten-free low sodium chicken stock
- 14 oz. jar of roasted red bell peppers, packed in water only and puréed in a blender until smooth
- 16 oz. can of great northern beans (or navy beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 giant handfuls of fresh leaf spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat up olive oil and put in sausages in without the casings. As it is cooking, break up the sausage with a wooden spoon. Cook until sausage meat is done, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove sausage form the pot to a holding bowl.
2. In the same pot over medium heat, sauté the onions for about 3 minutes to soften and pick up the brown bits from the sausage (you may need to add one more tsp. of olive oil if your sausage was very dry).
3. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
4. Add the sausage back to the pot along with any juices.
5. Add the red pepper purée, stock and beans. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. Adjust flavor for salt and pepper, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
7. After 45 minutes, turn off the flame. Add the spinach and stir to wilt and combine. Serve.