Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Amie Valpone of The Healthy Apple
- 4 cups Rudi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread (make sure it’s stale bread), cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/6 tsp. chili powder
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
3. Transfer warm bread cubes to a large bowl.. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, orange zest, chili powder and sea salt.
Add these sweet croutons to yogurts, rice and quinoa dishes, roasted vegetable dishes and pureed soups, such as sweet potato. Croutons can be kept at room temperature in a zip bag for a few weeks.
Are you in college or heading there soon?
See NFCA's brand new resource: Gluten-Free in College