Courtesy of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. and Renegade Kitchen
- 3 cups Imagine® Organic Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces (one package) DeBoles® Gluten-Free Multi-Grain Penne
- 3 tablespoons Spectrum Naturals®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), cut in half and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt (one big pinch)
- 1 25oz jar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (omit for dairy-free)
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated (omit for dairy-free)
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet until rippling. Add the sliced garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the red pepper flakes, give the pan a shake and then toss in the shredded basil.
3. Add the sliced zucchini and salt to the pan and sauté until slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
4. Pour the tomato sauce over the zucchini and cook for 5-10 minutes, let the flavors collide.
5. If you eat dairy, stir in the cream and cheese. If not, forget it. This dish is spectacular without them!
6. Add the cooked pasta to your sauce and stir until heated through.
7. Serve to a special friend. With wine and a smile.
Win a Gluten-Free Pasta Party, courtesy of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc!
Leave a comment on the YouTube video above telling us who you would invite to a romantic pasta dinner for two. One lucky winner will receive 3 boxes of DeBoles Gluten-Free Pasta. For 4 more chances to win, visit the DeBoles Gluten-Free Pasta Party album on Facebook.