Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bulk gluten-free pork sausage
- 1 package Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Remove from skillet. Add sausage to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
2. Stir in Rice Mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Return bell peppers to skillet. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
This recipe is featured in NFCA's new Summer Cooking Guide, sponsored by Zatarain's.