- 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roasted (roasting instructions)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or non-dairy alternative
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
- Combine about half of kidney beans and about half of chickpeas in a food processor or blender, and pulse until mashed but still chunky.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the bean mixture above until well mixed
- Serve with Blue Diamond Nut Thins or Baked Nut Chips.
For more gluten-free recipes, see: Blue Diamond Recipe Box