Makes 12 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil (optional)
- 2 packages Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix, Original
- 1 lb. gluten-free boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb. gluten-free smoke sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- Bring water and oil to boil in large saucepan.
- Stir in Rice Mixes, chicken and sausage; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Two cups cubed cooked ham and/or 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise, may be added to rice mixture after 10 minutes of cooking time. Continue as directed.