- 4 cups Imagine® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 medium sized eggplants cut into ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful basil leaves pureed
- 2 cloves garlic sliced very thinly
- Sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- 6 sprigs basil for garnish
- In a medium saucepan bring the tomato soup to a light boil and heat through over a medium high heat. Lower heat and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill. Rub the garlic over the eggplant slices, brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and stack on baking sheet with the remaining garlic. Using tongs, place the sliced eggplant on the grill and grill turning once until the eggplant is blackened on both sides and the garlic is golden (about 2 to 3 minutes on each side).
- Remove from grill and cut into cubes. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine the basil with the crème fraiche until well blended.
- Ladle the soup into four warmed bowls, spoon in the garlicky eggplant, top with basil crème fraiche and garnish with basil leaf.
Have an original gluten-free recipe? Enter it in the Gluten-Free Choices Spring Recipe Contest!