Courtesy of Chef Simon Clarke and Allergic Living Magazine
- 2 8 oz. packages gluten-free rice or quinoa spaghetti
- 1 two-inch thick slice of bresaola* or pancetta, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed
- 1 cup olives, pitted
- 1 cup purple basil
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water, per instructions. Set aside.
- Place bresaola or pancetta in a large sauté pan. Cook 2-4 minutes over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes, capers and olives into pan, sautéing and stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add basil and arugula and cooked pasta to the mixture. Toss together well.
- Serve in bowls, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.