- 1 cup reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated on a microplane
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 tsp. dried, ground mustard
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of fat
- Stir tomato sauce, onion, garlic, vinegar, agave, tomato paste, paprika, mustard, chili powder, and salt in a 6 quart slow cooker. Add chicken thighs and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken thighs can be easily shredded with a fork. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred. Return to the slow cooker and stir well. Serve as sandwiches, in omelets, in tacos, or any other way that makes you smile.