Director of Finance
Beyond Celiac, a growing national nonprofit organization, seeks a qualified candidate with exceptional organizational and administrative skills on a part-time basis of 30 hours per week in its Ambler, PA office.
The ideal candidate will be a CPA acquainted with nonprofit accounting practices.
The Director of Finance contributes at the highest level to the success of Beyond Celiac by formulating and managing cash-flow strategies, accounts payable/receivables, payroll, interactions with outside investment consultants, financial reporting, Board reporting, donor interactions, support for the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee and other related accounting and financial duties. The person in this role is accountable for ensuring the annual audit process and that all required financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate fashion and that all financial and accounting standards are followed appropriately by the organization.
The Director of Finance serves as a financial counselor to the CEO, the Director of Donor Relations, the COO and other organizational leaders, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting and providing the context needed to interpret organizational and departmental financial trends and understand relevant financial standards and regulations.
This professional must play a hands-on role, managing the organization’s bill paying, expense and cash management, payroll, financial statements and reporting and all financial recordkeeping.The Director of Finance also manages the organization’s annual budgeting process and selects the appropriate financial software and support services for Beyond Celiac.
- Perform all financial reporting and processing functions in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to monthly and annual statements, payroll, bill payments, cash management, organizational and departmental budget reports, expense management, expense report processing and financial elements of 990 reports.
- Support the CEO, the COO, department leaders and the Board’s Finance Committee with clear, concise financial reporting and through effectively communicating the context behind the organization’s financial performance and long-term trends.
- Interface as needed with the organization’s external banking and investment partners, facilitating excellent cash management and investment management protocols.
- Support the needs of Donor Relations in handling and reporting on restricted and unrestricted gifts and multi-year financial commitments.
- Select, set up and manage appropriate software tools used for financial reporting.
- Lead the annual budget preparation and review/approval process, formulating the approach with the Chief Operating Officer and providing departmental leaders with the appropriate spreadsheets and instructions for completion; provide the CEO and Board with the material they need to make appropriate budget approval decisions.
- Support all areas of the organization with financial reports and detail, as needed.
- Ensure revenue and costs associated with events, sponsorships, grants and other activities are accurately forecast and tracked.
- Lead the audit process with the external auditors to ensure timely, accurate completion of the annual audit.
- Prepare contingency plans in the event of revenue shortfalls or expense overruns at any point the planning horizon.
- Make strategic recommendations to improve the financial reporting and management of the organization; select, set up and manage appropriate software tools for financial reporting.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting and CPA training
- Licensed CPA
- Advanced degrees in Business, Finance or related areas a plus
- At least three years of relevant experience in accounting and financial management
- Strong knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Experience managing the full range of financial servicing and reporting needs for a small business
- Experience in setting financial strategy and approaches for fast-moving, entrepreneurial enterprises
- Success interacting with Boards and senior executives
Submission: When submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected], please list the job title on the subject line of your email.